One can never imagine his/her wedding without jewelry. Jewelry is one of the most prized possessions of any Indian bride. The pattern of buying and preserving the jewelry differs from family to family. In some affluent families, the ladies of the families collect and store the jewelry from generation to generation. Modern nuclear family based girls prefer to go out and pick a personalized piece in obedience to what is in trend now. This blog aims to discuss the popular bridal jewelry types and their acceptance in matrimony families and as the wedding photographers in India, how one can utilize them to click a perfect frame.
Different Jewellery Styles:
- Kundan: Traditionally used by Mughals, Kundan Jewellery is made by Rajasthani artisans with an unblemished finish and angled designs. It makes significant use of glass imitations set in stones with Gold or Silver tones. Kundan is a traditional form of Indian gemstone jewelry involving a gem set with a gold foil between the stones and its mount, usually for elaborate necklaces. Kundan, also known as Bikaneri or Jaipuri jewelry, is a popular variation, wherein enameling with vivid colors and designs is on the reverse, while the kundan setting is in the front. The city of Jaipur in Rajasthan has traditionally been the center for Kundan jewelry in India. It features Meenakari enamel printing work on its reverse side.
2.Pearl: For brides who would like to go minimal with their jewelry, Pearl is a perfect choice. With multi-layer Pearls, fine strands and statement pieces of Pearl jewelry, add a touch of royalty to bridal look in the most tenuous way.
3.Mughal: During the Mughal rule in India, jewelry-making was given utmost importance. The magnificent jewelry worn by the leading pair in Jodhaa Akbar, with its florid patterns and majestic look, got the attention of both the common people and the jewelers. Now, many jewelry stores are stocked with glorious Mughal-styled jewelry.
4.Silver: Oxidized silver jewelry offers a homely look and on-demand now a day. Silver jewelry designs for pre-wedding rituals like your Sangeet or Mehendi ceremony and is unique.
- Polki: Polki is a form of jewelry made of uncut raw diamonds, becoming an interesting choice of bridal jewelry well-knowns for its exotic shine and designs.
- Panchikam: Unlike other jewelry, these Gujrat based patterns use Silver as its base and is set along with different precious and semiprecious stones. The process of making this type of jewelry is quite tedious but is well-appreciated for its handmade touch of excellence and superior finish.
- Temple: It is a chunky type of jewelry set in patterns with sacred pendants of Lakshmi, Ganesh and more. South Indian brides prefer to use temple jewelry for their bridal look. Not only this looks majestic, but it is also said to bring in good luck and prosperity.
- Others: There are other forms of jewelry which are very much popular. The most popular choice of bridal jewelry is Gold and is considered to be very auspicious. Diamond Jewellery, plated in gold or platinum offers a rich selection of styles and attracts everyone.
Now your job as a wedding photographer is to capture the wedding jewelry which makes the wedding albums fabulous.
Camera: For jewelry photos, where lighting is abundant and controlled, a basic DSLR is all you need.Full-frame means that the camera captures a wider range. This is important when shooting landscapes or other nature-related photographs because you can capture a larger scene from the same distance. For jewelry, since products are small, a DX camera works fine. The 18-55mm lens that is included with your camera kit is sufficient for almost all items or object. In most cases, you don’t need a macro lens or any additional lenses. For smaller pieces like rings or small studs, a macro lens will give you a better quality picture in a bigger size. For bracelets, necklaces, chunky earrings, etc, the basic 18-55mm lens works well.
A macro lens is useful when you want to blow up small products like rings or small studs to poster size images. Canon 100mm lens is very useful and much recommended.
Hope this article was helpful for you.