Kolkata is being called the “City of Furious, Creative Energy” as well as the “cultural capital of India” and “ City of Joy”. In our previous blogs, we have mentioned the concept of Pre-Wedding Photography and it’s growing acceptance among the Indian to be wed couples. So here, in this article, we will focus on Kolkata’s various location which can be the best of best outdoor destinations for a pre-wedding shoot.
Kolkata and the greater sub-urban areas adjacent to Kolkata are very much popular among the localities of Kolkata and eastern India. So at first, we are focusing on some locations which are located in the heart of Kolkata.
- Princep Ghat: The two kilometer stretch of exquisite riverfront (of the sacred Ganges) is what magnifies its photographic significance. A popular chill out place for lovebirds is a good enough idea for pre-wedding photography, especially early in the morning or on the verge of twilight. The aggregation of white pillars, a park, railway tracks, Ganges and bridge view, all in a single location, goes well with all kinds of
- Maidan and Victoria Memorial: Tinny greenish bungalows, horse-drawn carriages, Gupchup sellers and broad roads etc are making the Life on the Maidan as the quintessence of life in Kolkata. The combination of Tram Tracks, Carriages drawn by horses and above all the gateway of the Victoria Memorial Hall has always been the first priorities of every wedding photographer while choosing the location suitable for pre-wedding photography and video.
- Eco Park: Located in the extension in the Eastern Part of the city and close to the airport, in New Town, The Government of West Bengal have developed a nature-themed park or Eco Park. The assemblage mostly consists of laid-back visitors who have come to relax and enjoy. Once you are there you can take all the time you need to complete the shooting void of any distractions and disturbance.
Rose Garden, Butterfly Garden, Cafe Ekante, Eco Iceland, Deer Park are the key attractions of this place.
- The Rajbari, Bawali: Located within 30kms from Kolkata, in South 24 Parganas, The Rajbari itself, an extraordinary, architectural masterpiece, was built around 250 years ago.It is only recently that The Rajbari, the only building now remaining from this time, albeit in ruins, has been salvaged and exquisitely restored to reflect the opulence, style, and grace of the Zamindars of Bengal. Now it is being turned into a luxurious resort and an ideal place for heritage-themed pre-wedding shoots and bespoke wedding events.
- Botanical Garden: Located on the bank of the river Hooghly, the botanical garden is also an ideal pre-wedding photography destination with water lily, banyan tree, and palms.
Apart from the above, within 500kms, there are destinations like Mandarmani, Tajpur and Digha in the coast of the bay of Bengal are very much popular among them to be wed couples as a pre-wedding destination.